CALL FOR PARTICIPATION - The "Connection Through Spirit" Project
The Multifaith Action Society of BC, in partnership with the Vancouver Foundation, is seeking spiritually-inclined youth aged 15-25 to participate in a new interfaith bridging project entitled “Connection Through Spirit.”
Participants will join an intercultural Youth Leadership Council with the goal of planning and producing a series of special events aimed at facilitating interfaith and intergenerational dialogue and collaboration.
Ultimately, the goal is to help create a more cohesive and co-creative society by empowering youth to become agents of positive change within their communities, build bridges between and within faiths, and create constructive collaborations.
- Join a welcoming, intercultural community of like-minded youth
- Share in an unforgettable journey of personal and professional development
- Receive hands-on training and mentorship from community leaders
- Contribute to the advancement of interfaith dialogue and cooperation
- Gain valuable skills in public speaking, event planning, community organizing, and other aspects of youth leadership
- Develop the skills and confidence to step into positions of leadership in their own communities
Please note that participation in this project will require an investment of 30-40 hours throughout the year. Honoraria and travel stipends will be provided.
Interested youth are invited to attend an introductory information session on:
Friday, March 7, 6:30pm to 8:00pm
Unitarian Church of Vancouver
949 West 49 Avenue, Vancouver, BC
“Thank you Globalme for supporting our event!”
Call for Participation.pdf
Adobe Acrobat Document [421.7 KB]
Multifaith Action Society is a registered non-profit society and charity based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Our primary aims are:
To promote interfaith and multifaith dialogue and understanding.
To provide information and resources on world religions to the community.
To encourage all people of faith to collaborate on vital community programs, particularly those which provide support and advocacy for marginalized citizens or
groups or foster the wellbeing of the community as a whole.
- To cooperate with other agencies and organizations to promote initiatives which contribute to the common good.
We invite you to learn more about us and our programs and events by clicking on the links in the navigation bar to the left.