Welcome to the Multifaith Action Society!
2018 Multifaith Calendar... Now Available!
MAS is pleased and excited to announce the publication of the new 2018 Multifaith Calendar - The Power of Inspiration.
Featuring 26 pieces of original art from visual artists across North America and Internationally, the 2018 MFC marks the 32nd year of publication and features the theme of The Power of Inspiration.
Inspiration can come from our faith, from reading a book, from listening to music, or discovering a new skill or talent. We all need inspiration to get us through the times that are barren, dark, or heavy with burdens. Like a light piercing through the darkness, inspiration can lift us up and cheer us on when we feel we can’t go on. Inspiration is as needed as the air we breathe!
The 2018 Multifaith Calendar is devoted to The Power of Inspiration. All our artists submitted works based on this rich theme. And the variety of subjects and techniques is no less than inspirational. Enjoy!
Published annually by the Multifaith Action Society (MAS), the Multifaith Calendar is a unique educational resource that facilitates understanding of religious observances, occasions and festivals important to a wide spectrum of cultural and faith communities.
Order your copy today!
Free Public Course
“Unifiers of Humanity: Baha’i Founders & Global Developments” with Harold Rosen
You are warmly invited to consider participating in a free public course, “Unifiers of Humanity: Baha’i Founders & Global Developments” introducing the Baha’i Faith and a new paradigm for understanding world religion and history as a drama of overall progress. The Baha’i Faith is a new world religion that affirms the unity of God, religion and humanity while promoting an ever-advancing global civilization.
6 two-hour sessions – led by Harold Rosen (email@example.com), community interfaith educator master’s degrees in religion, education & philosophy
Location: Vancouver Baha’i Centre, 5880 Main Street, V5W 2S8
To Register: contact Harold Rosen (firstname.lastname@example.org) (604-854-1937)
- Session 1 – Wednesday, Sept 6 – Course & Thematic Introduction, the Bab’s Early Life, 19th Century Context: Persia’s Religious Decline… ‘Great Power’ Domination… Millennial Expectation
- Session 2 – Wednesday, Sept 13 – The Bab’s Mission & Martyrdom (1844 to 1850) in the Context of Christian and Islamic Prophetic Expectation
- Session 3 – Wednesday, Sept 20 – Baha’u’llah’s Youth & Early Mission in Iran & Iraq (1817 to 1863) in the Context of Multi-Scriptural Prophecy & Expectation
- Session 4 – Wednesday, Sept 27 – Baha’u’llah’s Mission in Turkey (1863-68) & Early Palestine Years (1868-73); Letters to World Rulers…World Historical Context & Developments
- Session 5 – Wednesday, Oct 4 – Baha’u’llah’s Mission & Teaching in Palestine (1873 to 1892); Laws for a New Day of God… Prelude to the ‘Lesser Peace’… Humanity’s ‘Spiritual Maturation’
- Session 6 – Wednesday, Oct 11 – Foundations Established by Baha’u’llah (1892 to the present): Abdul-Baha, Center of the Covenant… Shoghi Effendi, Baha’i Administration… Universal House of Justice… Baha’i World Center on Mt Carmel
Please note that this course is also being offered as part of SFU's Continuing Studies program, albeit with a different set of dates and a registration fee. More information about the SFU course can be found here.
The Multifaith Action Society is a registered non-profit society and charity based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Our primary aims are:
Promoting interfaith and multifaith dialogue and understanding.
Providing information and resources on world religions to the community.
Encouraging all people of faith to collaborate on vital community programs, particularly those which provide support and advocacy for
marginalized citizens or groups or foster the well-being of the community as a whole.
Cooperating with other agencies and organizations to promote initiatives which contribute to the common good.
We invite you to learn more about us and our programs and events by clicking on the links in the navigation bar to the