Saturday, October 5 | Doors open at 6pm, event starts at 7pm
Christ Church Cathedral | 690 Burrard St., Vancouver
Proudly co-sponsored by the Multifaith Action Society
Mother Earth is suffering and our future is at stake. Our current modern world has lost and forgotten the wisdom that lineages all over the world have carried and passed down to ensure the survival of the next generation. We are now in a climate crisis, many species are at risk of extinction, and the next generations hold an unpredictable future.
EARTH WISDOM invites us to remember the values shared by ancient cultures that support life-sustaining choices. EARTH WISDOM welcomes you to an inter-generational gathering of people from many cultures, traditions, and faiths to affirm a collective vision for an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling and socially just human presence on this planet.
Wisdom keepers from around the world will share how their traditional practices honour the Earth and can empower the Human Family to meet the challenges of an uncertain future. We will come to remember the Earth Wisdom that all of our ancestors have been connected to, and that has ensured our survival for this long.
- Interactive experiential processes will create interpersonal connections and awaken our remembering.
- A collective ceremony will unite us in our vision.*
- An embodied dance will strengthen our dynamic community in a celebration for life.
- Doors open at 6pm. Please arrive before 7pm. We will be closing the doors once the welcoming ceremony begins.
- Welcoming Ceremony at 7pm
- Earth Wisdom Talks
- Darrel Bob - First Nations Elder, Former Chief of St'at'imc Nation
- Jackie Arrah Yenga - African Village Wisdom Messenger
- Maureen Jack-LaCroix - Celtic Eco-Spiritual Educator
- Earth Ceremony at 9:30pm
- Sacred Dance of Life Concert from 10:00pm-11:30pm
- Medicine Fox with special guests Yaima
To join the journey, please reserve your spot with the purchase of a ticket. Capacity is limited.
$20 in advance, $25 at the door (if space permits).