Programs & Events
The Multifaith Action Society offers a wide variety of programs and events to encourage interreligious cooperation and understanding within the community. We also
publicize events from external sources that we feel are in alignment with our organizational mandate.
Be sure to check back regularly or sign up to our newsletter to keep abreast of the latest events. You are also welcome to spend some time reading about events and programs that we have facilitated in the past.
If you are planning an interfaith event and would like to have it listed here, please contact us at email@example.com
Free Public Course
“Unifiers of Humanity: Baha’i Founders & Global Developments” with Harold Rosen
You are warmly invited to consider participating in a free public course, “Unifiers of Humanity: Baha’i Founders & Global Developments” introducing the Baha’i Faith and a new paradigm for understanding world religion and history as a drama of overall progress. The Baha’i Faith is a new world religion that affirms the unity of God, religion and humanity while promoting an ever-advancing global civilization.
6 two-hour sessions – led by Harold Rosen (firstname.lastname@example.org), community interfaith educator master’s degrees in religion, education & philosophy
Location: Vancouver Baha’i Centre, 5880 Main Street, V5W 2S8
To Register: contact Harold Rosen (email@example.com) (604-854-1937)
- Session 1 – Wednesday, Sept 6 – Course & Thematic Introduction, the Bab’s Early Life, 19th Century Context: Persia’s Religious Decline… ‘Great Power’ Domination… Millennial Expectation
- Session 2 – Wednesday, Sept 13 – The Bab’s Mission & Martyrdom (1844 to 1850) in the Context of Christian and Islamic Prophetic Expectation
- Session 3 – Wednesday, Sept 20 – Baha’u’llah’s Youth & Early Mission in Iran & Iraq (1817 to 1863) in the Context of Multi-Scriptural Prophecy & Expectation
- Session 4 – Wednesday, Sept 27 – Baha’u’llah’s Mission in Turkey (1863-68) & Early Palestine Years (1868-73); Letters to World Rulers…World Historical Context & Developments
- Session 5 – Wednesday, Oct 4 – Baha’u’llah’s Mission & Teaching in Palestine (1873 to 1892); Laws for a New Day of God… Prelude to the ‘Lesser Peace’… Humanity’s ‘Spiritual Maturation’
- Session 6 – Wednesday, Oct 11 – Foundations Established by Baha’u’llah (1892 to the present): Abdul-Baha, Center of the Covenant… Shoghi Effendi, Baha’i Administration… Universal House of Justice… Baha’i World Center on Mt Carmel
Please note that this course is also being offered as part of SFU's Continuing Studies program, albeit with a different set of dates and a registration fee. More information about the SFU course can be found here.